Facebook Messenger Notification Won’t Go Away – If you looking for a solution to this problem “message notification won’t go away android” then this is the right place to find out its Solution.
Are you irritated by the constant data notifications of Facebook Messenger, you have tried many different methods many times but till now you have not got the solution to this problem.
If you are facing some problems like this, then after reading this post, you can easily solve this problem.
So let’s get started !!
Message Notification Won’t Go Away Android | Facebook Messenger Problem
Sometimes the Facebook Messenger app shows you some messages, but when you check, you don’t see any messages. You try to find that message by scrolling in your chat, then you do not even find it.
The red-colored notification irritated you the most on Facebook, it makes you repeatedly distracted from your work, and even after checking it, it does not stop.
Don’t worry, your phone is not damaged by a virus or anything else, it is just a problem in Facebook’s Messenger app, which is caused by accessing Facebook from a browser on a laptop or PC.
In this post, I will tell you how you can get free from this problem of continuous notification dot from Facebook Messenger.
Note: First of all, to remove these red-colored notifications, first we have to know why this show is happening to us.
Check Your “Message Requests in Facebook Messenger
It is possible that you have some unread messages, which are not shown in the inbox, but in your request message or other inboxes.
Step 1: First of all, Open Facebook in Any web browser on your computer
Step 2: Then open your inbox by clicking on the messenger icon
Step 3: Then you will see the notification of a “request message” at the top like the image given in below.
In this way, you can check the message request in your Facebook inbox and see that maybe this notification problem was not coming due to this.
If still your problem is not fixed then you can also join our community forum where you can ask different types of questions to get answers from Experts.
Message Notification Won’t Go Away on iPhone
There are a few things you can try to get rid of a stuck Facebook Messenger notification:
- Force close the app: On an iPhone, double-press the home button and swipe up on the Messenger app to force close it. On an Android, open the recent apps menu and swipe right or left to close the app.
- Restart your device: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve the issue.
- Clear the app’s cache: Go to settings > apps > messenger > storage > clear cache.
- Check your notification settings: Go to settings > apps > messenger > notifications, and make sure the notifications are turned on.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: If the above steps do not work, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.
Why does Messenger show unread messages when there is none?
There are a few reasons why Facebook Messenger might show unread messages when there are none:
- The notification badge is stuck: Sometimes the notification badge (the red circle with a number in it) can get stuck and continue to show a number even after all messages have been read. Clearing the app’s cache and/or restarting your device can help fix this issue.
- The message was deleted: If a message was deleted before it was read, it may still show up as an unread message in the notification badge.
- The message was marked as unread: Some messaging apps allow users to mark a message as unread, even after it’s been read. This is a useful feature for keeping track of important conversations, but it can also lead to confusion if a message is accidentally marked as unread.
- The message was sent to a group conversation: When you leave a group conversation, any new messages sent to that conversation will not be marked as read. This can result in unread messages showing up, even if you haven’t read them.
- It’s a bug: Sometimes, bugs in the app can cause unread messages to appear when there are none. Facebook is continuously working on fixing bugs and glitches in the app.
Why Do I Have A Message Notification, But No Message on Facebook
If you have checked the message request but still have not received the unread message, yet that red-colored notification is showing, then I have a solution for this also.
Step 1: First of all, open the Facebook Messenger app
Step 2: Then check if the red notification is not removed, then go to Settings.
Step 3: Then Logout from your Facebook account
Step 4: In the Last Check again.
In this way, the “Facebook notification won’t go away” problem you are confirming will be solved, you just have to use these two methods.
Facebook Messenger Notification Won’t Go Away
Now I will tell you How you can check Messenger Notification which you are not able to see. I think this must have irritated you a lot, But don’t worry, because I can say for sure that this method will work 100% and you will not show any messenger notification which you are not able to see, So follow the steps for Facebook Messenger Notification Won’t Go Away.
Step 1: First, Open any Browser on your PC or Android
Step 2: Search “Facebook” and open the first WebSite
Step 3: Then log in or open your account on Facebook
Step 4: Click on Messenger Icon
Step 5: Then click on Message Request
Step 6: Now you can check your messages, Which you are not able to see.
In this way, you can remove Facebook message notifications from your computer and simultaneously see which messages were causing you to see Facebook notifications.
How do I Get Rid of the Messenger Notification When there is No Message?
If you have to face this problem that “You have a Message Notification but when you check there is no message“, then you can use any method in the methods given above, but if these solutions you don’t get the solution to your problem, then do this –
Step 1: First long tap on that Facebook application
Step 2: Then click on Uninstall
Step 3: Then open the play store or App Market
Step 4: Then again install Facebook App.
Why is Messenger still showing an unread message?
If these all methods not working given above, then you can use the last method, with this method you can easily see all messages on your Facebook which is not showing.
Step 1: First, open any browser on your Computer or Mobile
Step 2: Then search Fackbook and open the first website
Step 3: After this log in to Facebook with your Account
Step 4: Then you can easily check your messages in a Browser and it’s 100% working.
If you have liked this article (Facebook Messenger Notification Won’t Go Away), then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem with any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, and I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!
This Post Has 10 Comments
Hello, just wanted to mention, I liked this article.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!
I solved my Facebook Massage problem after reading your Article.
I read this post fully regarding the resemblance of latest and preceding
technologies, it’s remarkable article.
There is definately a lot to find out about this topic.
I love all of the points you’ve made.
Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Spending
some time and actual effort to generate a very
good article… but what can I say… I put things off
a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.
Quality articles or reviews is crucial to
attract the users to pay a visit the web site, that’s what this website is
Ii solved my problem faced from last few weeks
You fix my problem
Do you have any video of that? I’d like to find out more details.
I was finding this article, thanks
great, it’s solve my problem