If you looking for that How much Space Does Windows 10 takes or how much space do windows 10 takes on an SSD then this is the right place to find out that how much hard drive space Windows 10 really takes up and all such questions.
If you have a laptop or desktop and you want to install Windows 10 on it, but you don’t know how much space is required to install Windows 10. Read this article completely, I will tell you everything.
So Let’s Get Started !!
What is Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest Operating System developed by Microsoft Company, Windows 10 is launched on 29 July 2015. And in today’s time, the most widely used operating system in the world is Microsoft’s Windows 10.
- How to Install Garuda Linux in 10 minutes on Vmware workstation
- How to Install Kali Linux on VMWare Workstation 2021
Windows 10 Versions
- Home Version.
- Pro Version.
- Education Version.
- Enterprise Version.
Microsoft has also made 4 versions of Windows 10, these four have different features. The two most commonly used of these are Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. People also use the rest of the versions but these two versions are the most used. You can use this window version for any purpose.
How Much Hard Drive Space does Windows 10 Really Take-up
Whenever you are about to install Windows 10 on your desktop or laptop computer, you must be wondering how much hard drive space Windows 10 actually takes, if you want to know its answer, then read the article completely.
To find out how much hard disk space is required to install Windows 10, I installed Windows 10 on my second computer and then after completing the installation I saw how much space Windows 10 takes up, in the above photo you will Can see.
Apart from this, there are more files in Windows 10, which takes more space from your hard disk, such as – update files, Windows people files and backup files etc., there is almost space of Windows 10 given in the photo and it contains the rest of the files. Adding more space to your hard disk leads to more surroundings.
If you want to see how much space the other of the Windows files take on the hard disk, then follow the steps I mentioned.
Press WIndows + i
System > Software > This PC.
Here you can see many types of files and their size on the system disk, which occupy the space of your hard disk.
You can click it to see more details as shown in the screenshot below.
How Much Space Does Windows 10 take 64 bit?
Earlier Windows 10 had a minimum hard disk size of 16 GB for 32 bit or 20 GB for 64 bit. But according to Microsoft, to perform Windows 10 well, you will have to pay at least 32 GB.
But according to my experience, this space is also less mentioned, so this 32 GB space is for people who only do office work or study in their computer, if you are a gamer, graphic designer or developer, then according to me For Windows 10, you should carry a minimum of 50 to 70 GB in your computer.
Some tricks to reduce Windows 10 size | how much space do windows 10 have.
You also know that with the passage of time, your Windows 10 will grow and continue to grow, but here I will tell you some tips and tricks, after doing that, the size of your Windows 10 will not grow quickly.
1. Reduce Virtual memory size
Follow the steps for reduce windows 10 size –
- first of all, right-click on This PC.
- Then click on the Properties option
- Click on Advance System Setting
- then click on Setting Button in Performance
- Advance tab > Change Button > Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
- then select system disk > Custom size > type pagefile size as you like > Set > OK
Whatever I have told you to watch and perform all these steps so that the size of your Windows 10 does not grow quickly, if you have any problem with these steps, then you can tell me by commenting, I will quickly reply to your reply.
- How to Track any Mobile Location using Kali Linux
- How to Hack wifi password (Secrets) using cmd in windows 10
2. “Turn off Hibernation” using CMD in Windows 10
Follow the for Turn off Hibernation for reduce windows 10 size.
- first of all, Press Windows + R and hit Enter.
- then type CMD and Enter
- Then a window of command prompt will appear in front of you.
- Just Type Command – ” powercfg / hibernate off “
- Hit Enter
And in this way, your steps to reduce the size of Windows 10 are complete, if you come across any problem in them, then tell me by commenting, I will reply to you soon.
- Windows 93 in 2021 – How to run online on our Computer
- How to Recover Deleted Data from Hard Disk free
3. “Turn off System Restore” in Windows 10
Follow the Steps for Turn off System Restore for reduce windows 10 size.
- first of all, right click on This PC.
- click properties option
- System Protection > Select Local Disk
- then click Configure button
- Select Disable System Protection Option.
- Click OK button.
In this way, you can reduce the size of Windows 10 by turning off the System Restore in your computer, if you encounter any problem in this, you can comment and tell me, I will definitely reply to you.
- Best Kali Linux Tools 2021 | Veil Evasion Tutorial
- How to Install Windows 8.1 from USB Drive like a Pro
4. Third-party tool for reducing windows 10
You can also use separate software to reduce the size of Windows 10, called System Genius, which is designed to optimize your Windows and boost your computer speed.It can help you clean temporary files, browser cache, Recycle Bin, Windows history, Windows log files and free up system disk (C:) with one click.
If you have liked this article and liked it, then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem in any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!