How to Format Pendrive in Kali Linux – If you looking for a format Linux USB in Kali Linux or Ubuntu then this is the right place to find out that How to Format Pendrive in Kali Linux.
In this article, you will learn how to format the USB drive in Kali Linux using three quick and easy methods:
- Disk Utility
- GParted tool
Do you have a Pen drive that you want to format but your computer has the Linux operating system installed and you are having a problem with formatting your USB Drive in Linux.
So Let’s Get Started !!
How to Format a USB Drive in Kali Linux using Terminal
There are many ways to format a USB drive in Kali Linux but the easiest way of them is Terminal, with the help of a terminal you can format your Pendrive in Kali Linux by just giving some commands. So follow the Steps for Format a Pendrive in Kali Linux using Terminal.
- First, Insert a Pendrive into your Computer.
- Open the Terminal in Kali Linux.
- Type Command without inverted commas – ” df -h “
- Now a list showing the name and size of all your drives will come.
- Then Look at the size of your Pendrive and Copy its name.
- Now Type Command – ” sudo umount /dev/sdb1 ” and Enter.
- /dev/sdb1 is my Pendrive name.
- Type Command – ” sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1 ” and Enter.
- Now you have to wait for some 10 to 15 seconds, then your Pendrive will be formatted.
In this way you can easily format your Pendrive in Kali Linux with the help of a terminal, so you will not have to face any problem.
- Create a Bootable USB flash drive using CMD for windows 10
- Reset Password Linux || How to Reset Garuda Linux
How to Format a USB Drive in Kali Linux || Disk Utility
This is also a good way to format your Pendrive in Kali Linux as it allows you to format your Pendrive in Kali Linux with the help of graphics, not just using the command line.
So just follow the Steps for Format a USB Drive in Kali Linux.
- First, Lunch the Application Menu.
- Search – ” Disk “
- And Open Disk icon by clicking
- Then look at the size of your Pendrive and find it.
- Click on the Gear icon and select the Format Partition option from the Drop-down menu.
- Type the preferred name for the USB drive.
- And click on Next Button.
- Your Pendrive will be formatted
In this way you can easily format your Pendrive in Kali Linux with the help of the Disk Utility Application, so you will not have to face any problem.
- How to Kali Linux Disk Partition 2021
- How to Crack Password Protected RAR file in Kali Linux
- How to Track any Mobile Location using Kali Linux
- 11+ Top Way to Learn Linux in 2021
If you have liked this article and liked it, then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem in any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!