How to Install Kali Linux on VMware – If you Looking to Install Kali Linux on VMware VirtualBox then this is the right place to find out the complete steps to the installation of how to install Kali Linux on VMware workstation 16.
Do you want to Install Kali Linux in VMware on your computer but you don’t know how it and whenever you install Kali Linux you get many errors and you don’t understand how to install it. So don’t worry i will tell you everything
So let’s get Started !!
What is Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing. It is maintained and funded by Offensive Security.
You can use Kali Linux according to your own. It is a command-line operating system. Most users of Kali Linux use it for Penetration testing, Bug bounty, Cyber Security, and learn Ethical hacking Courses.
- Linux vs Windows – Which is Best for you in 2021
- Difference Between – Kali Linux vs Blackarch Linux 2021
What is VMware Workstation Player
VMware Workstation is a virtual machine used by Virtualization in 32bit and 64bit computers to run more than one Operating System. You can use VMware virtual machine by installing it on both Windows or Linux Operating Systems.
Kali Linux System Requirement
Before installing Kali Linux on VMware in your computer, you should know the system requirement of your computer whether your computer is capable or not for running more than one operating system.
- A minimum of 30GB hard disk space.
- A minimum of 4GB RAM for good performance
- Minimum Intel i3 or AMD E1 Processor for good performance
How to Download Kali Linux ISO file for VMware
- First of all, open any browser on your computer
- Search Kali Linux Download.
- Then go to the official site of Kali Linux
- And download the ISO file of Kali Linux VMware from there.
- Or click here to direct Download the Kali Linux VMware ISO file
In this way, you can easily download the ISO file of Kali Linux VMware on your computer. And now I will tell you how to download and install VMware to run Kali Linux.
How to Download VMware Workstation
- First of all, open any browser on your computer
- Search VMware Workstation Download.
- Then go to the official site of VMware.
- And download the VMware Workstation from there.
- Or Click Here to Direct Download the VMware Workstation.
How to install VMware Workstation on Windows for Kali Linux
- First, Go to the Download location of VMware.
- Double click on setup to install
- Now you should see the User Access Control dialog box. Click yes to continue.
- Then a Splash screen will appear. Wait for the process to complete
- Then you will see the VMware Workstation setup wizard dialog box.
- Click on next to Continue
- Then read the full License Agreement
- And check on “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” and click on Next
- Then select the location of the folder where you want to install it.
- And also select Enhanced Keyboard Driver check box and Next.
- Then you will see two boxes of checkboxes, check both and next
- Then, check the all check box that comes in front of you and keep going Next.
Then it will take the installation process for some time and it will be installed on your computer. So In this way, you can easily install Vmware in at least 5 to 8 minutes.
How to Create a New Virtual Machine
To create a new virtual machine, Follow the Steps –
- First, click on Create a new virtual machine, select Typical, and next.
- Then a new virtual machine wizard dialog box will open
- Then you have to check the Use ISO image file
- And select your Kali Linux image file and Next.
- Now a “Select a Guest Operating System” dialog box will open
- Then Select Linux and Version as Debian 10.x 64-bit or 32 bit and Next.
- Then you have to give the name and location of the virtual machine
- Name an Location, you can select according to your own and Next.
How to Specify Disk Capacity in VMware
Now a new dialog box will appear in front of you, which will ask you the disk capacity for your virtual machine –
- You can choose minimum 20GB Disk Space
- But i recommend, choose 40GB to 60GB Disk Space for Good Performance.
- Then Check Split Virtual Disk into multiple files and Next.
- Then a dialog box of Complete Create Virtual Machine will appear in front of you.
- Click on Customize Hardware Option.
How to Customize Hardware in VMware Workstation
- After, Open Customize Hardware Dialog Box select minimum hardware.
- Select RAM: minimum 2GB
- Processor: 2 core
- Hard Disk: 50GB
- Display: Check “Accelerated 3D Graphics”
Click on OK and Finish to start the installation process. It will make the installation process for some time, So In this way, you can easily Customize Hardware in VMware Workstation.
How to Install Kali Linux on Vmware | Kali Linux VirtualBox
After installing VMWare on your computer, after creating a new virtual machine and customizing the hardware, it is ready to install Kali Linux operating systems on VMware Workstation. To know How to install Kali Linux on VMware follow the Steps.
- First, After fully Customize Hardware,
- You will have to click on play virtual machine to start the process.
- Here you will see many options. Select Graphical Install using the down arrow key and Enter.
- Then a dialog box of Select Language will appear in front of you.
- Select your Language and country.
- In the Next dialog box, you will be asked to select the Keyboard Layout.
- Then Select a Keyboard layout using the arrow keys and click Next.
- In the Next dialog box, you will be asked to Enter the Hostname for your system.
- You can set anything Hostname and Next.
- Then In the Next dialog box, you will be asked to create an account.
- So Type Your Name and Next.
- Now you will be asked the user name again. you can use the again same name.
- Then Give a Password to your account, and Next.
How to Create Disk Partition in Kali Linux
In the Next dialog box, you are asked how you would like to partition your disk. Follow the steps to Disk Partition.
- First, Select use entire disk and Next.
- Select sda, VMware Virtual disk, There should be only one option. Click Next.
- Ten select the default, All files in one partition and Next.
- In the next dialog box, Select the Finish Partitioning and Write changes to disk which should be selected by default.
- Then you are asked to confirm Write changes to disk. Select Yes and Next.
Note: Now the actual installation will starts. Wait for Configure the Package Manager Dialog box to appear. Wait for some time and let the process continue. The installation will continue. Wait for the process to complete. This can take some 20 to 30 minutes long time.
- In the Next dialog box, you will have to select what software you want to install.
- I recommend selecting, Select by check –
- Desktop Environment
- …Xfce (kali Linux’s default Desktop environment)
- Collection of tools
- …top10 — the 10 most popular tools
- …default — recommend tools
- …large — default selection plus additional tools
Select all these options and next these are all the default tools, which should be in your Kali Linux, and click on Next, Then it will take some time to wait for it.
- In the next dialog box, you will be asked to select a boot loader device for GRUB installation. Select / dev / sda and Next.
- The installation will continue. Wait for the process to complete.
- And after some time your Kali Linux will be fully installed on VMware.
- After this, you will start Kali Linux on VMware.
- In the Next dialog box, You have to fill in your Kali Linux username and password.
And finally, you will log in to Kali Linux and now you can easily use Kali Linux on your computer with the help of VMware Workstation. After the end login, you will see some kali Linux screens like this.
If you have liked this article and liked it, then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem in any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!
- Garuda Linux Online on an Android Device using VNC Viewer.
- How to Reset Garuda Linux password?
- How to Kali Linux Disk Partition 2021
- 29+ Kali Linux – Information Gathering Tools For Hacking
FAQ – People Also Search This
Question 1: kali linux download for vmware workstation 16
Answer: First of all, open any browser on your computer
Search Kali Linux Download.
Then go to the official site of Kali Linux
And download the ISO file of Kali Linux VMware from there.
Question 2: how to install kali linux vmware 64-bit 7z
Answer: First, After fully Customize Hardware,
You will have to click on play virtual machine to start the process.
Here you will see many options. Select Graphical Install using the down arrow key and Enter.
Question 3: Kali Linux default password
Answer: Kali Linux default password is root