Install Garuda Linux | Pro Developers
Are you a student or do you like doing hacking and want to install Garuda Linux on your computer.
Whenever you install Garuda Linux on your computer, you will have to face many mistakes and errors.
But you have to worry, in this post, I will tell you the complete process of installing Linux without any mistakes and errors.
So Lets get Started !!
garuda Linux system requirements
It is also important to know the processing capacity of your computer before installing any operating system.
For example, before installing Garuda Linux, your computer must have at least that much memory, which you can also get from the official website
Minimum System Requirements –
- 30 GB storage space
- 4 GB RAM (system memory)
- 2 GHz Dual Core processor
System Requirements (Recommended) –
- 40 GB storage space
- 8 GB RAM (system memory)
- video card with OpenGL 3.3 or better
- Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- Garuda editions are optimized for performance on real hardware. Installing on virtual machines is not recommended as it might result in a bad experience.it sacrifices extra RAM to improve the responsiveness of the system.
- it believes in the principle “unused RAM is wasted RAM”
- this recommends using Balena Etcher to make a bootable USB stick. You can use dd or its frontends Mintstick, Popsicle, Imagewriter, or Media writer on Linux. Do not use Rufus to flash the ISO.
If you want to install Garuda Linux on VirtualBox then read this. https://pawanchauhan.com/garuda-linux-2/
If your computer has it all, you can easily install Linux on your computer.
Step: 1 – Create Disk Partition for installing Garuda Linux
- First, come to your computer windows desktop
- Then you will see the icon of “My Computer” here.
- Right-click on that icon and click on the Manage option
- Then on the left side, you have to click on the option of Manage Disk
- You will have disk partitions on your computer
- Right-click on the drive from which you want to make a partition and select Shrink Volume.
- Enter the amount of size of the partition in MB. (1 GB = 1024 MB)
- Click on Shrink.
- Leave the drive unallocated
Step: 2 – Download the Garuda Linux iso file.
- Go to any web browser on your computer and search for “Garun Linux” on Google, you will see the official site of Garuda Linux.
- Then you have to come to the download page by clicking on download.
- Where you will see many versions of Garuda Linux
- Go there and choose your desktop environment from KDE, GNOME, Xfce, Cinnamon, MATE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfair, Qtile, BSPWM, and i3wm.
- After selecting your desktop environment, download it.
To download click here https://garudalinux.org/
Step: 3 – Create USB bootable from Rufus for install garuda Linux
To install Garuda Linux or any other operating system, you must have some devices.
- A Pendrive that is at least 4GB.
- Download Rufus software
- The iso file of the Operating system that you want to install.
- if you don’t know What is an Operating System
- And the last computer from which you will make Pendrive bootable.
[a] – how to bootable Pendrive from Rufus software.
- First of all, insert your Pendrive in the computer, which makes the Pendrive bootable.
- Install Rufus software on your computer.
- Then double click on the Rufus software and run it.
- Then you will encounter some such interface.
- In this, your Pendrive is automatically selected.
- Then click on the select option in front of the boot selection.
- Download the file of whatever Windows you want to install on your computer in advance.
- After clicking on the select option, select the iso file that you want to install.
- Then select “MBR” in the partition scheme
- And click on the start button in the last.
Then a green strip will start running in the bottom which will take 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
Your Pendrive complete will become bootable as soon as it is complete.
Step: 4 – Disable the Secure Boot option
(To install any other operating system other than Windows, you need to disable the Secure Boot option.)
- First, Shutdown your computer.
- Then, Power on the computer and press the F2 or F12 key multiple times to open BIOS mode.
- Then go to the security option, where you will get the secure boot option.
- If the secure boot option is enabled, then you have to disable it.
- In last save & exit
Step: 5 – Dual boot windows 10 and Garuda Linux
- First, plug-in a bootable USB Drive into your computer and power it on.
- Then hit F8, F10, F12, ESC keys multiple times to open Boot manager.
- And Then, select your USB drive to boot from it.
- Select Boot: Garuda. X86_64 kde.
- Then after booting you will see the welcome page of Garuda Linux.
- Select your Language, Location, and Keyboard.
- After that, the window will open in front of you, in which you will have to select a partition for Garuda install.
- Create your name, password, and Next.
- Then Click Install Now.
- It will take several minutes to install according to your System Performance.
- After completion Reboot your PC.
- Then, Garuda Linux is successfully installed.
If you liked the blog post, then in the comment you can tell me your problem, what you did not understand.