If you want to Install Garuda Linux dual boot with Windows 10 then this is the right place to find out that how you can Install Garuda Linux Dual Boot with Windows 10 and here you will also learn about Disk Partition for Dual Boot.
Are you a student or do you like doing hacking and want to install Garuda Linux on your computer. whenever you install Garuda Linux on your computer, you will have to face many mistakes and errors.
So don’t worry, Because, In this article, I will tell you the complete process that How to install Gruda Linux dual Boot with Windows 10 without any mistakes and errors.
So let’s get started !!
Garuda Linux System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements –
- 30 GB storage space
- 4 GB RAM (system memory)
- 2 GHz Dual Core processor
System Requirements (Recommended) –
- 40 GB storage space
- 8 GB RAM (system memory)
- video card with OpenGL 3.3 or better
- Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- Garuda editions are optimized for performance on real hardware. Installing on virtual machines is not recommended as it might result in a bad experience.it sacrifices extra RAM to improve the responsiveness of the system.
- it believes in the principle “unused RAM is wasted RAM”.
Step: 1 Create Disk Partition for installing Garuda Linux
- First, Goto to your Windows Desktop
- Then you will see the icon of “My Computer” here.
- Right-click on that icon and click on the Manage option
- Then on the left side, you have to click on the option of Manage Disk
- You will have disk partitions on your computer
- Right-click on the drive from which you want to make a partition and select Shrink Volume.
- Enter the amount of size of the partition in MB. (1 GB = 1024 MB)
- Click on Shrink.
- Leave the drive unallocated
Step: 2 Download the Garuda Linux iso file.
- First, Open any Browser on your Computer
- Then search Garuda Linux
- Then open first WebSite or Click here
- Then you will see many versions of Garuda Linux
- Go there and choose your desktop environment from KDE, GNOME, Xfce, Cinnamon, MATE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfair, Qtile, BSPWM, and i3wm.
- After selecting your desktop environment, Download it.
Step: 3 Download Rufus Software
To install Garuda Linux you must have Software for Create a Garuda Linux Bootable Drive
- First, Open any Browser
- Then search Download Rufus Software
- Open first Website or click her
- Then you can Download Rufus.
Step: 4 Create USB bootable from Rufus
- First of all, insert your Pendrive in the computer, which makes the Pendrive bootable.
- Install Rufus software on your computer.
- Then double click on the Rufus software and run it.
- Then you will encounter some such interface.
- In this, your Pendrive is automatically selected.
- Then click on the select option in front of the boot selection.
- Download the file of whatever Windows you want to install on your computer in advance.
- After clicking on the select option, select the iso file that you want to install.
- Then select “MBR” in the partition scheme
- And click on the start button in the last.
Then a green strip will start running in the bottom which will take 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
Your Pendrive complete will become bootable as soon as it is complete.
Step: 4 Disable the Secure Boot option
(To install any other operating system other than Windows, you need to disable the Secure Boot option.)
- First, Shutdown your computer.
- Then, Power on the computer and press the F2 or F12 key multiple times to open BIOS mode.
- Then go to the security option, where you will get the secure boot option.
- If the secure boot option is enabled, then you have to disable it.
- In last save & exit
Step: 5 Install Garuda Linux Dual Boot with Windows
- First, plug-in a bootable USB Drive into your computer and power it on.
- Then hit F8, F10, F12, ESC keys multiple times to open Boot manager.
- And Then, select your USB drive to boot from it.
- Select Boot: Garuda. X86_64 kde.
- Then after booting you will see the welcome page of Garuda Linux.
- Select your Language, Location, and Keyboard.
- After that, the window will open in front of you, in which you will have to select a partition for Garuda install.
- Create your name, password, and Next.
- Then Click Install Now.
- It will take several minutes to install according to your System Performance.
- After completion Reboot your PC.
- Then, Garuda Linux is successfully installed.
If you have liked this article (How to Install Garuda Linux Dual boot with Windows 10), then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem with any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!