If you looking for Dual Boot Windows 10 and Kali Linux then this is the right place to find out that How you can Dual Boot Windows 10 with Kali Linux, and here you will also learn about Windows & Kali Linux installation.
Are you a Computer user and using Windows 10 operating system, And you also like Kali Linux but you want to use Windows 10 and Kali Linux both on your single Computer, You can do this, But How?
So read this article completely, In this I have told you How you can Install Kali Linux Dual Boot with Windows 10.
So let’s get started !!
How to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Kali Linux
Now I will tell you how to dual boot Windows 10 with Kali Linux, Dual boot means to install two or more operating systems in one computer, Due to which Kali Linux will also run on the same computer and Windows will also run after Kali Linux is turned off.
I will show you this setup from Kali Linux and Windows 10 but if you use Windows 7 or Windows 8 then its setup will be exactly the same, So follow me step-by-step for Dual Boot Windows 10 and Kali Linux.
Step 1 – Disk Partition for Dual Boot
First of all, you have to set up a Disk Partition for Kali Linux because Windows 10 is already installed on your computer and now you have to make space in your hard disk to install Kali Linux.
- First, click on Start Button
- Search and launch ‘Computer Management‘
- Then click on ‘Disk Management‘ on Left side
- Now you need to Create a New Disk Partition for Kali Linux
- Right-Click on Last Partition
- Then click on Shink Volume
- Then take minimum 100000MB for New Partition and click on Shink Button
- Then you will see a New Partition Created
- Again Right-click on New partition and just click on Next Button Multiplw times.
After these steps, you will see a New partition Created with 100GB and Now you can easily install Kali Linux Dual Boot on Windows 10.
Step 2 – Download Kali Linux ISO Image
Now you need to download the Kali Linux ISO Image, If you have already Downloaded the Kali Linux ISO file then you can Use this otherwise I will tell you How you can Download the Kali Linux ISO Image.
- First, open any browser on your computer
- Search Kali Linux Download.
- Then go to the official site of Kali Linux
- And download the ISO file of Kali Linux
- Or click here to direct Download the Kali Linux ISO file
In this way, you can easily download the ISO file of Kali Linux on your computer.
Step 3 – Download Rufus Software
Now you need to Create a Bootable Drive to install Dual Boot Windows 10 and Kali Linux, So for Create Bootable Drive first you need to Download Rufus Software.
- First, open any Browser on your Computer
- Search “Download Rufus“
- Then open first WebSIte or Click here
- Then you can Download Rufus.
Step 4 – Create a Bootable USB Drive for Kali Linux
Now you need to Create Bootable USB Drive to install Kali Linux on Windows 10 Dual Boot, So follow the steps for creating a Bootable Drive.
- First, Install Rufus on your Computer
- Open Rufus Software
- Then you will see a New Window
- In this, your pendrive is automatically selected
- Then click on Select option and Select Windows 7 ISO file
- Now, If you have minimum 1 TB Hard Disk
- Then selct “MBR” option
- Finally, click on Ready Button.
Then you will see that your USB Drive will start to make a Bootable USB Drive. If you have knowledge about How to create a Bootable Drive using CMD but, can’t use Command Prompt to create Kali Linux bootable Drive, You must have to use Rufus Software.
Step 5 – Setpu BIOS Option
Now you need to open the BIOS menu because you need to do some settings for Dual Boot in your Computer.
- First, Restart your Computer
- Then Press BIOS key Multiple Time before Windows Logo.
- Then Find Boot Option in BIOS menu
- Then you will Lagacy Support Option, just ‘ENABLE‘ it
- Then find Secure Boot and ‘DISABLE‘ it
Now you will see some option on the bottom side from in BIOS, in which the Save option will also be written and there will be a boot key for saving activities, so you have to save the changes in bios by pressing that save
Step 6 – Open Boot Menu for Dual Boot
Now I will tell you how you can open the Boot Menu on your Computer, In Boot Menu you can select a Bootable Device and use a New Operating System on your Computer.
- First, Insert USB-Drive in your Computer
- Then Restart your Computer
- Then Press Boot Key Multiple Time before Windows Logo.
- And you will see that Boot Menu is Opened.
If you don’t know that which is the Boot Key in your Computer Then click here to know all Computer’s Boot Key.
Step 7 – Setup Kali Linux for Dual Boot
- First, Goto Boot Menu
- Then select Bootable USB Drive
- Then you will see Kali Linux setup Window
- First, Click on Graphical Install
- Then select your Information like Language and Country, etc.
Step 8 – Install Kali Linux Dual Boot with Windows 10
- After fill your Information, Then you will see Disk Partition Window
- In List of Disk, FInd your Partition which’s you created
- Then select this partition which’s you created
- Click on Continue, and select Delete Partition
- Then again click on Continue
- Then you must have to setup Kali Linux according to you and click on continue.
Then Kali Linux will be installed on your computer with Windows 10, now whenever you turn on your computer, you will get two options before booting – Windows 10 or Kali Linux. If you want to use Windows 10 then select Windows 10 otherwise select Kali Linux.
- Difference Between Windows and Linux
- Difference Between Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro
- Difference Between Windows 7 and Windows 10
- How to Create a Bootable USB using Command Prompt
If you have liked this article, then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem with any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!