Reset Linux Password – if you looking for how to reset password Linux then this is the right place to find out Linux forgot password here you can how to change Root password in Linux without login.
Are you a computer user or have an interest in hacking, then you must be using Any Linux operating software.
Sometimes after installing the operating system you use, its default username and password are set. Which is the ” root ” most of the time.
Or sometimes you forget your given password after entering your password or after changing it.
If you had already started learning or learning how to use Linux operating system, then it is a big deal for you that you had not yet started running Linux and now you have to reset password Linux or Garuda Linux.
If you do not know how to reset password Linux or any other Garuda Linux operating system, then if you read this post, till the last you will understand how to reset the password of Linux.
So Let get Started !!
How to Reset Linux Password
Before resetting the password, I will tell you how to Linux change the root password of Garuda Linux or other Linux operating systems so that you understand how to reset the password for yourself.
- Open the terminal first
- To change the password, type in tenimal – ” passwd “
- And press the enter button, after which it will ask you the old password, then you have to put the old root password in it.
- When you fill your password in it, you will not see your password due to the privacy of Linux.
- First you have to enter old password
- Now Hit Enter
- Then you can now enter your new password, but even the new password will not be visible to you.
- Then you have to retype the password and hit Enter.
In this way, you can reset the password of the Linux operating system on your computer.
How to Reset Linux Password
When you forget to put a password in the Windows operating system of your computer, then perhaps you will know how easy it is to reset the password of Windows and you will also know.
But if the same thing happens in the Linux operating system, you probably do not know how to reset the password of Linux. But don’t worry, keep reading this post till the last time you will understand how to reset password Linux.
If you forgot your Linux password and whenever you type the username and password, you cannot log in.
- First of all, come to your Linux login panel.
- Then press key ctrl + alt + F1 or F2 or F6 for access ” TTY Console “. This is an Emergency Terminal.
- After this you have to type your username and enter.
- Now That you do not remember its password, so you have to type ” root ” password and Enter.
- After this you will come to the second screen, here you have to type – ” passwd username ”
- Now type your new password which you will use every time.
- And lastly, now your computer password has been reset.
If you have liked this article (How to Reset Linux Password), then you can share it with friends and family so that they do not ever get such a problem.
If you have any problem with any part of this article, or you want any more information related to the computer, then tell me in the comment box, I will surely reply to you.
Thank You !!